Configuring WiFi settings
- Activate/Deactivate WiFi: switch the WiFi function of the PCM on/off.
- Configure WiFi hotspot in PCM: Display and set up the PCM WiFi access data. These data are required to connect a device (e.g. phone) to the PCM or WiFi and to use the PCM's WiFi hotspot.
- Use external data connection: To establish a data connection with an external WiFi hotspot (e.g. public hotspot).
- Connect to WiFi hotspot: Search for new WiFi hotspot and enter the access data for the hotspot (user name and password). Be aware of upper and lower case when entering the data.
- Please see chapter "Using the PCM data connection (WiFi hotspot)" on page 97.
Deleting external WiFi hotspot
Configuring data connections
– Data connections:
- On: Data connections are always approved.
- Off: Data connections are switched off.
- Prompt: Before using the data connection, a message appears as to whether the data connection should be approved.
– Share data connection: Approve data connection for WiFi devices.
– Roaming: Allow or block data connections in external networks.
– Configure APN: Change network access data for the SIM card data connection (APN name, user name and password).
– Reset access point configuration: Reset APN settings to factory settings.
- For information on APN settings: Please see chapter "Establishing a data connection" on page 96.
- Contact memory: Display the used contact memory.
- Sorting Criteria: Sort the contacts stored in the phone by first name or by last name.
- Transfer contacts: Contacts from the phone connected via Bluetooth® can be transferred to the PCM manually.
Changing tone settings
- The phone is connected to the PCM.
Available settings are:
- Select ringtone: Set the PCM ringtone if the ringtone is not transferred to the connected phone via Bluetooth®.
- Ringtone volume: Setting the ringtone volume.
- Microphone sensitivity: Set microphone sensitivity for phone calls.
- Alert tone for messages: Setting or disabling the alert tone for incoming messages.