Quick Search: Choose Model and Year, then enter search topic.
Electric shock, short circuit or fire
Touching conductive parts of the vehicle can lead to an electric shock. Short circuits may be caused when working on the vehicle’s electrical system.
The short circuit can cause a fire.
Fire or explosion
Many vehicle fluids are highly flammable, e.g. fuel, engine oil and transmission oil. Fuel vapors can combust. A highly explosive electrolytic gas mixture can form when charging lead batteries.
Lead-acid batteries contain corrosive battery acid that can be harmful to skin and damage clothing upon contact.
Risk of short circuit, fire and damage to the generator and electronic control units.
The battery is located under the left front seat.
For information on jump starting:
Responding to warning symbols
If the battery charge is low, the symbol or appears on the multifunction display. The symbol indicates a fault in the generator.
Observe the safety symbols on the battery
Consult the Owner's Manual
Wear protective goggles
Keep batteries away from children
Risk of explosion
A highly explosive electrolytic gas mixture can form when charging the battery, therefore:
Fire, sparks, naked flames and smoking are prohibited
Avoid sparking and short circuits when handling cables and electrical devices. In the case of batteries with central degassing, there is a higher concentration of explosive electrolytic gas at the hose opening. The degassing hose must not be twisted or clogged with dirt.
Risk of chemical burns
Battery acid is highly corrosive, therefore: protective gloves and goggles must be worn.
Do not tilt the battery, as acid can escape from the degassing outlet.