Swiveling mirror glass downward manually
- Engage reverse gear.
Light indicator B on button A for adjusting the exterior mirror on the driver’s side lights up.
- Press button D for adjustment of the door mirror on the passenger’s side.
The mirror glass on the passenger’s side swivels downward.
Making individual adjustments to the position of the lowered mirror glass:
- Move the glass of the door mirror into the appropriate position by pressing the adjustment button C.
In vehicles with the memory package, this setting is saved to the memory buttons in the driver’s door or on the vehicle key.
For information on storing and retrieving the vehicle settings:
- Please see chapter "Personal Settings" on page 199.
Moving mirror glass to the initial position
The mirror glass swivels back into its initial position:
- after a time delay when reverse gear is disengaged, or
- immediately when the vehicle has reached a speed of more than 9 mph (15 km/h).
Manually moving the mirror glass on the passenger’s side to the initial position:
- Press button A for the door mirror on the driver's side.
Dimming interior mirror manually
Fig 124: Dimming interior mirror manually
When setting the mirror, the dimming lever A must point toward the vehicle interior.
- Initial position – swivel lever in the direction of the vehicle interior.
- Dimmed position – swivel lever toward the windshield.
Switching automatic interior mirror dimming on and off
Fig 125: Automatic dimming of the interior mirror
Switching automatic dimming on
- Press button B
Light indicator A lights up.
Depending on the light intensity, the interior mirror automatically dims or returns to the initial position.
The interior mirror does not dim when reverse gear is engaged or the passenger compartment lighting is switched on.
Switching automatic dimming off
- Press button B
The light indicator A goes off.