F – Engine oil pressure gage
The oil pressure is controlled as required and should be at least 51 psi (3.5 bar) at an engine speed of 5000 rpm.
The engine oil pressure varies depending on the engine speed, oil temperature and engine load.
If oil pressure drops abruptly and a message is displayed on the multi-function display when the engine is running or while driving:
- Stop immediately in a suitable place.
- Switch off the engine.
- Check whether there is an obvious oil leak on or under the car.
- Select "Oil level" on the multi-function display.
- Please see the chapter "DISPLAY AND MEASUREMENT OF THE ENGINE OIL LEVEL" on page 99.
- Add engine oil if necessary.
Risk of engine damage.
- Do not continue driving if there is an obvious oil leak.
- Do not continue driving if the warning message appears even when the oil level is correct.
- Have the fault corrected at an authorized Porsche dealer.
G – Reset button for trip counter display/ brightness setting for instrument lighting
Resetting trip counter display
- Press rotary switch G for approx. 1 second.
The trip counter display is reset to "0".
Adjusting brightness of instrument lighting
For information on adjusting the brightness of the instrument lighting:
- Please see the chapter "INTERIOR/READING LIGHTS" on page 81.
H – Odometer
The displays for the total mileage and individual trips are integrated in the speedometer on the instrument panel.
The upper display counts the total mileage, the lower display shows individual trips.
After exceeding 6,213 miles or 9,999 kilometres, the trip counter returns to 0.
I – Digital speedometer
The digital speedometer I is integrated in the tachometer on the instrument panel.
J – Upshift prompt indicator
The consumption-oriented shift indicator to the right of the digital speed display on the tachometer helps you to develop a fuel-saving driving style.
The upshift indicator lights up – prompting you to shift up to the next-higher gear – depending on the selected gear, engine speed and accelerator pedal position.
The upshift indicator is only active when "Sport" or "Sport Plus" mode is switched off.
On vehicles with Porsche Doppelkupplung, the upshift prompt is only available in manual selection mode.
- Change to the next-higher gear when the upshift indicator lights up.