Manual: 2012 -
Cleaning the air deflector
Cleaning the air deflector with the roof open.
- Switch on the ignition and open the roof fully with button B.
If the air deflector is not fully extended, drive the vehicle for a short distance with the roof open until it is fully extended.
- Clean the air deflector and net using a damp sponge.
Brief operating instructions can be found on the back of the driver's sun visor.
- Please see the chapter "CAR CARE INSTRUCTIONS" on page 210.
There is a risk of damage to the convertible top and convertible-top mechanism.
- Do not operate convertible top:
– At temperatures below 32 °F (0 °C).
– When one side of the vehicle is on a curb, a lifting platform or a jack.
– When items of luggage or other objects hinder the movement of the convertible top.
– With the Rollover bars extended.
- Avoid frequent operation of the convertible top with the engine off; the vehicle battery will rapidly discharge.
- Only drive with the convertible top fully open or closed (end positions).
- Before opening the convertible top, ensure that there are no objects in the area behind the rear seats.
- When opening or closing the convertible top, ensure that there is sufficient clearance above it (e.g. in the garage).
- To prevent damp stains and abrasion damage, open the convertible top only when it is in a dry, clean state.
- Park the vehicle in the shade if possible, since continuous exposure to the sun attacks textiles, rubber and colors.
- The convertible top may only be operated when driving on a level surface.
- The convertible top must not be operated in a strong head wind (above approx. 50 mph/ 80 km/h).
Door windows and side windows
The side windows are lowered automatically when the convertible top is opened. The door windows close automatically if operation of the convertible top is continued after it has reached its final position.
The rear side windows open automatically when the door windows are opened.
The side windows are lowered automatically when the convertible top is closed. All windows close automatically if operation of the convertible top is continued after it has reached its final position.
Conditions for operating the convertible top
– The ignition must be switched on (engine running or switched off).
– Maximum speed up to approx. 30 mph (50 km/h).
Opening/closing of the convertible top will be interrupted if the maximum speed is exceeded.