Manual: 2012 -
Emergency operation – unlocking the ignition key/control unit
Emergency operation must be performed in order to remove the control unit from the ignition lock on vehicles with Porsche Entry & Drive.
If the vehicle battery is flat, the control unit/ ignition key can be removed only if emergency operation is performed.
- Grasp the fuse box cover on the driver's side at the finger hole and pull it off.
- Unclip metal hook A on the inside of the fuse box cover.
- Use metal hook A to remove the plastic cover B from the ignition lock.
Make sure not to lose the plastic cover B.
- Turn control unit/ignition key to ignition lock position 0 (initial position).
- Press metal hook A into opening C.
You will hear an unlocking noise.
- Remove the control unit/ignition key in initial position 0.
- Re-fit the plastic cover B.