For information on storing the end positions for the power windows:
- Please see the chapter "STORING END POSITION OF THE WINDOWS AFTER CONNECTING THE VEHICLE BATTERY" on page 63.
- Teach tires on vehicles with Tire Pressure Monitoring.
For information on teaching the Tire Pressure Monitoring system:
- Please see the chapter "TIRE PRESSURE MENU (TIRE PRESSURE MONITORING, TPM)" on page 104.
- Store end position on vehicles with a slide/tilt roof.
For information on storing the end position for the slide/tilt roof:
- Please see the chapter "STORING END POSITION OF THE SLIDE/TILT ROOF" on page 65.
External Power Supply, Emergency starting with jumper cables
If the battery is flat, the battery of another vehicle can be used for starting or as an external power supply with the help of jump leads.
Both batteries must be 12 V batteries. The capacity (Ah) of the donor battery must not be substantially less than that of the flat battery.
The flat battery must be connected correctly to the vehicle's electrical system.
Jumper Cable Hazards
A short circuit may be caused if unsuitable jumper cables are used or if jumper cable starting is not performed properly. Such short circuits can cause a fire.
- Use only standard jumper cables with sufficient cross section and completely insulated alligator clips. Follow the instructions provided by the jumper cable manufacturer.
- Route the jumper cables so that they cannot be caught by moving parts in the engine compartment.
The jumper cables must be long enough so that neither vehicles nor cables touch another.
- The vehicles must not touch, otherwise current might flow as soon as the positive terminals are connected.
- Ensure that tools or conductive jewelry (rings, chains, watch straps) do not come into contact with the positive jumper cable, the positive battery post or live parts of the vehicle.
- Improper hook-up of jumper cables can ruin the alternator.
Battery Acid Leakage
- Do not lean over the battery due to danger of chemical burns from leaking acid.
Battery Charging and Jumping Hazards
- Improper use of booster battery to start a vehicle may cause an explosion.
- Keep sources of ignition away from the battery, e.g. naked flame, burning cigarettes or sparks due to cable contact.
- Before connecting jumper cables, it is essential to thaw out a frozen battery.
Risk of damage due to short circuit.
- Never connect jumper cables directly to the battery. Always connect jumper cables to the emergency starting terminals in the luggage compartment.