Manual: 2012 -
- Use the spacers only together with wheels approved by Porsche.
Before having spacers fitted, find out about the current approval status.
- Remove spacers if snow chains are fitted.
Risk of damage to the wheel housings if the spacers are not removed before fitting snow chains.
- To permit the fitting of snow chains, have the 5 mm spacers removed on all 4 wheels.
- For fitting and removing spacers:
Please contact an authorized Porsche dealer.
- Unscrew both countersunk screws (M6x16) on the wheel hub.
- Remove the spacer.
- Fasten the brake disk with the short countersunk screws M6x12,
(Part No.: 900.269.047.03).
Tightening torque 10 Nm (7.5 ftlb.).
For wheel mounting without a spacer, 5 mm shorter wheel bolts
(Part No.: 997.361.203.01) must be used.
- Fit wheel and screw tight.
Tightening torque: 160 Nm (118 ftlb.).
For information on fitting wheels:
- Please see the chapter "CHANGING WHEELS" on page 233.
Long wheel bolt
X = bolt length approx. 1.9 in. (49 mm)
Arrow = spherical cap ring
Wheel bolt identifying features
For identification purposes, the movable spherical cap ring is galvanised in red on the long wheel bolts.
The long wheel bolts must only be used when 5 mm spacers are fitted.
The short wheel bolts do not have a color marking.
The short wheel bolts must only be used without 5 mm spacers.
Tightening torque for both wheel bolts: 160 Nm (118 ftlb.).