Manual: 2012 -
- Stop the vehicle as far away from the driving lane as possible.
The vehicle must be parked on a firm and flat surface offering adequate grip.
- Switch emergency flasher on.
- Apply the parking brake.
- Put the vehicle in 1st gear or move the PDK selector lever to position P.
- Straighten the front wheels.
- Remove the ignition key, or the control unit on vehicles with Porsche Entry & Drive, in order to lock the steering and prevent the engine from being started.
- Get all passengers to leave the vehicle.
- Set up the warning triangle at a suitable distance.
Filling in tire sealant
The tire sealant can be found in the right-hand box in the luggage compartment. The compressor is located under the cover in the luggage compartment.
The tire sealant can be used to seal small cuts, especially in the tire tread.
Sealing the tire with the tire sealant is only an emergency solution so you can drive to the nearest workshop. Even if the tire is air-tight, it may only be used for short journeys in an emergency.
The tire sealant set comprises:
– a filler bottle
– a filler hose
– a valve turner
– a spare valve insert
– a sticker with the maximum permitted speed
– a compressor
– operating instructions
Limits on Tire Sealant Use
Always observe the following points:
- Use the tire sealant only in the case of cuts or punctures no larger than 0.15 in. (4 mm).
- Never use the tire sealant if the rim is damaged.
Tire Sealant Flammability
The sealant is highly flammable and harmful to health.
- Fire, naked flame and smoking are prohibited when handling tire sealant.
- Avoid contact with skin, eyes or clothing due to caustic chemical properties of the tire sealant.
- Keep tire sealant away from children.
- Do not inhale vapours, due to the consequent harm to personal health resulting in serious personal injury or death.
In the event of contact with sealant:
- If sealant gets on your skin or into your eyes, thoroughly rinse the affected part of your body immediately with plenty of water.
- Change soiled clothing immediately.
- See a doctor immediately in the event of an allergic reaction.
- If sealant is swallowed, thoroughly rinse out the mouth without delay and drink plenty of water.
Do not induce vomiting.
See a doctor immediately.