- Always clean the wheel bolts before fitting.
- Wheel bolts must not be greased.
- Replace damaged wheel bolts.
Only use genuine Porsche wheel bolts assigned especially to this model or wheel bolts of similar quality that have been manufactured according to Porsche specifications and production requirements.
Tightening torque for wheel bolts: 160 Nm
Wheel bolts with fitted spacers
- If spacers are fitted, all wheels must be fitted using long (1.9 in./49 mm) wheel bolts.
For information on wheel bolts with fitted spacers:
- Please see the chapter "SPACERS" on page 239.
Short Wheel Bolts
If spacers are fitted, wheels are held securely only if long wheel bolts (1.9 in./49 mm) are used.
Wheels may become loose while driving if they are fitted using short wheel bolts.
- After fitting spacers, use only long wheel bolts (1.9 in./49 mm) on all four wheels.
- Make sure that the front wheels are also fitted using long wheel bolts in order to prevent wheel bolts with different lengths from being mixed up when wheels are changed.
Security wheel bolts
The adapter (wrench socket) for the security wheel bolts is stored in the tool box in the luggage compartment.
- If the wheels have to be removed at the workshop, do not forget to hand over the socket for the security wheel bolts along with the car key.
- To loosen or tighten the wheel bolt with antitheft protection, the adapter must be used between the wheel bolt and the wheel bolt wrench.
- When positioning the wrench socket, ensure that it engages fully in the teeth of the wheel bolt.