Failure to Secure Vehicle
If the vehicle is not secured, or incorrectly secured, during repair work, it could move unexpectedly or fall from the car jack or car lift.
- Be alert and cautious around the engine at all times while it is running.
If you have to work on the engine while it is running, always apply the electric parking brake and put the gearshift lever in neutral or the PDK selector lever in position P or N.
- Always support your car with safety stands if it is necessary to work under the car. The jack supplied with the car is not adequate for this purpose.
Switch off level control of air suspension and height adjustment.
Please see the chapter "RAISING THE VEHICLE WITH A LIFTING PLATFORM, TROLLEY JACK OR STANDARD JACK" on page 233.
- Jack up the vehicle only at the specified jacking points on the underside of the vehicle.
- Never start the engine when the vehicle is jacked or lifted up. Vibration from the engine could cause the vehicle to fall.
- When working under the car without safety stands but with the wheels on the ground, make sure the car is on level ground, the wheels are blocked, and that the engine cannot be started.
Withdraw ignition keys (switch ignition off in vehicles that have Porsche Entry & Drive).
- Incomplete or improper servicing may cause problems in the operation of the car. If in doubt about any servicing, have it done by your authorized Porsche dealer.
Improper maintenance during the warranty period may affect your Porsche warranty coverage.
- Some countries require additional tools and special spare parts to be carried in your vehicle. Please make enquiries before driving abroad.
- Modifications may be carried out on your vehicle only if approved by Porsche.
This ensures that your Porsche will remain reliable and safe to drive, and that it will not be damaged as a result of the modifications.
Your authorized Porsche dealer will be pleased to advise you.
- Only use genuine Porsche spare parts for your vehicle or spare parts of similar quality which have been manufactured according to the specifications and production requirements of Porsche. These parts are available from your authorized Porsche dealer. Safety-related accessories should only be used if they are from the Porsche Tequipment range or are tested and approved by Porsche. Your authorized Porsche dealer will be pleased to advise you and answer any questions you may have.
However, the use of other parts or accessories may adversely affect the safety of your vehicle, and Porsche can take no responsibility for any loss or damage caused by their use.
Even if the supplier of other accessories or parts is a recognized supplier, the safety of your vehicle may still be affected if such items are installed.
Due to the large variety of products offered in the accessory market, it is not possible for Porsche to inspect and approve every one.
- In addition, please note that the use of replacement parts that are not genuine Porsche parts or approved parts, or the use of accessories not approved by Porsche may also detrimentally affect your vehicle warranty.
- Check your vehicle regularly for signs of damage. Damaged or missing aerodynamic components, such as spoilers or underbody panels, impair vehicle handling and must therefore be replaced immediately.