Exceptions for the Auto Start Stop function
The Auto Start Stop function is not available in the following situations, for example:
– When Sport mode is activated.
– When PSM is off.
– In Maneuvering mode.
– When A/C MAX mode is activated.
– When the "Windshield defrost" function is active.
– At altitudes above approx. 9,843 ft. (3,000 meters).
– After engaging a gear without actuating the clutch during automatic stopping of the engine.
The Auto Start Stop function is available with limited functionality in the following situations, for example:
– If the air conditioning or passenger compartment heating is operated at a high setting or if the defrost function
is run for long time periods.
– If the battery charging condition is low.
– On upward or downward slopes.
– During internal vehicle test procedures, e.g. automatic engine checks.
– In the case of excessively low exterior or battery temperature.
If one of these situations arises after the engine has stopped automatically, the engine can be restarted automatically.
Switching Auto Start Stop function and gliding mode on and off
Auto Start Stop function display
Automatic engine stop and restart readiness
If the engine was stopped automatically by the Auto Start Stop function and if the driver is detected in the vehicle (driver's seat belt fastened and driver's door closed), the indicator light on the multi-function display in the instrument panel will light up green.
No engine stop or restart readiness
If the Auto Stop function is not available or if no driver is detected in the vehicle after the engine has stopped automatically (driver's seat belt not fastened or driver's door open), the indicator light on the multi-function display in the instrument panel will light up yellow when the vehicle is stationary.
The Auto Start Stop system has detected that:
– At least one precondition for stopping the engine automatically is not met.
– There is at least one exception for the Auto Start Stop function.