Manual: 2012 -
Emergency operation with Porsche Entry & Drive
Interference in radio transmission between the vehicle and ignition lock or a discharged ignition lock battery can disable the Porsche Entry & Drive comfort function.
If this happens, the control unit can be removed from the ignition lock and the vehicle can be started using the ignition key.
For information on removing the control unit from the ignition lock:
- Please see the chapter "EMERGENCY OPERATION – UNLOCKING THE IGNITION KEY/ CONTROL UNIT" on page 25.
Starting and Stopping the Engine
The immobilizer can be deactivated and the engine started only using an authorised ignition key.
- Please see the chapter "IMMOBILIZER" on page 196.
Exhaust gas contains colorless and odorless carbon monoxide (CO), which is toxic even in low concentrations. Carbon monoxide can cause unconsciousness and even death if inhaled.
- Never start or let the engine running in an enclosed, unventilated area. It is not recommended to sit in your car for prolonged periods with the engine on and the car not moving.
Exhaust System Fire Hazard
Exhaust fumes and the exhaust system are very hot when the engine is running. The exhaust system remains hot for some time after the engine is turned off.
- Do not park or drive your vehicle where combustible materials, such as dry grass or leaves, can come into contact with the hot exhaust system.
- If your car catches on fire for any reason, call the fire department. Do not endanger your life by attempting to put out the fire.
An unattended vehicle with a running engine is potentialy hazardous. If warning lights come on to indicate improper operation, no one would be present to observe the light and turn off the engine.
- Never leave the engine idling unattended.
Starting the vehicle
- Operate the footbrake.
- Fully depress the clutch pedal and keep it pressed (vehicles with manual transmission).
- Put gearshift lever into neutral or move PDK selector lever to the P or N position.
- Do not press the accelerator pedal.
The engine control unit will provide the correct starting mixture.
- Turn the ignition key or control unit (Porsche Entry & Drive) to ignition lock position 2.
The starting process is carried out and completed automatically as soon as ignition lock position 2 (start engine) is reached.
The ignition key or control unit is reset automatically to ignition lock position 1 (ignition on).