Limits of ultrasonic measurement
The parking assistant system cannot detect:
– sound-absorbing obstacles (e.g. powder snow),
– sound-reflecting obstacles (e.g. glass surfaces, flat painted surfaces)
– and very thin obstacles.
– Other ultrasound sources (e.g. pneumatic brakes of other vehicles, jackhammers) can interfere with detection of obstacles.
The parking assistant system indicates a fault in two ways:
– After reverse gear has been selected, the short signal tone is followed by a continuous tone of the same pitch:
This indicates that sensors are soiled or covered with ice.
– After reverse gear has been selected, the short signal tone is followed by a continuous tone with a much lower pitch:
This indicates a general system fault.
Please have the fault remedied at an authorized Porsche dealer.