Sports Exhaust System
Switching on and off
The sports exhaust system can be switched on and off when the ignition is switched on using the button.
When the sports exhaust system is switched on, the light-emitting diode in the button lights up.
Parking brake force is mechanically transferred to the rear wheels by means of cables.
- Use the parking brake only after the vehicle has come to a full stop.
Setting the parking brake
- Pull the lever all the way up (arrow).
With the ignition on, the parking brake warning lights in the instrument panel and on-board computer will come on if the lever is even slightly raised. A firm pull upward is required to properly engage the parking brake.
If the brake is not fully set, the vehicle may roll without control.
- Move the selector lever to "P" (PDK) or move the gearshift lever to reverse or first gear (Manual transmission).
- Before exiting the vehicle, make sure that the parking brake is fully set and the vehicle is not moving at all.
Risk of serious personal injury or death. A partially engaged parking brake may allow the vehicle to roll, causing serious personal injury or death to any person in its path.
- Engage the parking brake fully.
Releasing the parking brake
- Pull the lever slightly up as you depress the release button, and then push the lever all the way down.