Always make sure your and your passenger's safety belts are properly fastened while the vehicle is in motion.
Failure to follow safety belt warnings may result in serious personal injury or death.
- For your and your passenger's protection, use safety belts at all times while the vehicle is in motion.
- Use appropriate child restraint systems for all small children.
Proper wearing of safety belts
- Safety belts must be positioned on the body as to restrain the upper body and lap from sliding forward. Improperly positioned safety belts can cause serious personal injury or death in case of an accident.
- The shoulder belt should always rest on your upper body. The shoulder belt should never be worn behind your back or under your arm.
- For maximum effectiveness, the lap belt should be worn low across the hips.
- Pregnant women should position the belt as low as possible across the pelvis. Make sure it is not pressing against the abdomen.
- Belts should not be worn twisted.
- Do not wear belts over rigid or breakable objects in or on your clothing, such as eye glasses, pens, keys, etc. as these may cause injury.
- Several layers of heavy clothing may interfere with proper positioning of belts.
- Belts must not rub against sharp objects or damage may occur to the belt.
- Two occupants should never share the same belt at the same time.
Care and maintenance
- Keep belt buckles free of any obstruction that may prevent a secure locking.
- Belts that have been subjected to excessive stretch forces in an accident must be inspected or replaced to ensure their continued effectiveness in restraining you.
The same applies to belt tensioner systems which have been triggered.
In addition, the anchor points of the belts should be checked.
- If safety belts do not work properly, see your authorized Porsche dealer immediately.
- If the belts show damage to webbing, bindings, buckles or retractors, they should be replaced to ensure safe operation.
- Do not modify or disassemble the safety belts in your vehicle.
- The belts must be kept clean or the retractors may not work properly.
Please see the chapter "CAR CARE INSTRUCTIONS" on page 203.
- Never bleach or dye safety belts.
- Do not allow safety belts to retract until they are completely dry after cleaning or this may cause damage to the belt.
Depending on the force of an impact, fastened safety belts are tightened in an accident.
The belt tensioners are triggered in:
– Front, side and rear impacts of sufficient severity.
The belt-tensioner system can be triggered only once; the system must be replaced afterward.
If there is a fault in the belt-tensioner system, the airbag warning light lights up.
Work may be performed on the belt-tensioner system only by an authorized Porsche dealer.
Smoke is released when the belt tensioners are triggered. This does not indicate a fire in the vehicle.