Manual: 2011/2012 Cayman
- Use the spacers only together with wheels and fastening parts approved by Porsche.
Before having spacers fitted, find out about the current approval status.
Mounting an emergency spare wheel
If 5 mm spacers are mounted, these must not be removed to mount an emergency spare wheel.
Fitting snow chains
The use of snow chains is not permitted when 5 mm spacers are mounted.
Risk of damage to the wheel housings if the 5 mm spacers are not removed before fitting snow chains.
- To permit the fitting of snow chains, have the 5 mm spacers removed on all 4 wheels.
Note on operation
- To fit/remove the spacers:
Please consult an authorized Porsche dealer.
- Please see the chapter "CHANGING A WHEEL" on page 227.
Removing the spacers
- Unscrew both countersunk screws (M6x16) on the wheel hub.
- Remove the spacer.
- Fasten the brake disc with the short M6x12 countersunk screws,
part No.: 900.269.047.09.
Tightening torque 7.5 ftlb. (10 Nm).
- For wheel mounting without a spacer, 5 mm shorter wheel bolts
(part No.: 997.361.203.01) must be used.
Tightening torque: 96 ftlb. (130 Nm).