Manual: 2011/2012 Cayman
Changing a wheel
Risk of serious personal injury or death. The car may slip off the jack.
- Make sure that no one is in the vehicle when jacking up and changing a wheel.
- Always place the car on stable supports if work has to be carried out under the car.
Risk of damage to the brake discs of the Porsche Ceramic Composite Brake (PCCB).
- Always screw in both assembly aids when changing a wheel.
The tools required for changing a wheel (e.g. jack, wheel bolt wrench, assembly aids) are not supplied with the car.
Your authorized Porsche dealer will be pleased to advise you.
- Apply the handbrake fully and engage 1st gear or PDK selector-lever position P and remove the ignition key.
- Switch on the hazard warning lights if necessary.
- Secure the car against rolling away, e.g. by means of wedges under the wheels on the opposite side.
This is particularly important on slopes.
- Slightly slacken the wheel bolts of the wheel to be changed.
- Lift the car only at the specified jacking points.
- Raise the car until the wheel lifts off the ground.
Please see the chapter "LIFTING THE VEHICLE WITH A LIFTING PLATFORM OR GARAGE LIFT" on page 232.
- Remove 1 or 2 wheel bolts (see respective illustration).
- Screw in assembly aids instead of the wheel bolts.
Screw in assembly aid for cars without Porsche Ceramic Composite Brake
- Remove the remaining wheel bolts.
Note on operation
- To remove or mount the spacers: Please see the chapter "SPACERS" on page 233.