Door, lid and window seals
The lubricant coating on the inner door seals, convertible top and hardtop seals may be damaged by unsuitable cleaning and care agents.
- Do not use any chemical cleaning agents or solvents.
- Do not use any preservative agents.
- Wash dirt (e.g. abrasion, dust, road salt and grit) from all seals regularly using warm soapy water.
- If there is a risk of frost, protect the outer door seals and lid seals against freezing into place with a suitable care product.
Headlights, lights, interior and exterior plastic parts, adhesive films
Use only clean water and a little dishwashing detergent to clean light lenses, plastic headlight lenses, plastic parts, adhesive films and surfaces.
Do not clean when dry.
Use a soft sponge or a soft, lint-free cloth. Gently wipe the surface without applying too much pressure.
An interior window cleaner can also be used to clean plastic surfaces (always read the cleaning instructions on the container). We recommend Porsche interior window cleaner.
- Gently wipe the surface without applying too much pressure.
- Do not clean when dry.
- Never use other chemical cleaners or solvents.
- Rinse cleaned surfaces with clear water.
Characteristics and special features
The natural surface markings of leather, e.g. creases, healed scars, insect sting marks, structural differences and slight variations in shade and grain add to the attractiveness of the natural leather product.
Observe the following care instructions:
The leather will be damaged by the use of unsuitable cleaning and care agents and by incorrect treatment.
- Do not use caustic cleaners or hard cleaning aids.
- Perforated leather must under no circumstances get wet on its reverse side.
- Clean all types of leather regularly to remove fine dust using a soft, damp, white woollen cloth or a commercially available microfibre cloth.
- Remove heavy contamination with a leather cleaner.
Always read the instructions for use given on the containers.
We recommend Porsche leather cleaner.
- Treat cleaned leather only with a leather care product.
We recommend the Porsche leather care product.
Cleaning airbags covers
There is a danger of serious personal injury or death if the airbag system is impaired by improper cleaning work.
- Do not make any modifications whatsoever on individual components such as the padded covers of the steering wheel, passenger side instrument panel, the front seats and the door linings.
- Let your authorized Porsche dealer clean these components.