Wiper blades that are in perfect condition are vital for a clear view.
- Replace the wiper blades twice per year (before and after the cold season) or whenever wiper performance deteriorates.
Risk of damage if the wiper arm accidentally falls back on to the window.
- Always hold the wiper arm securely when replacing the wiper blade.
Risk of damage if wiper blades that are frozen in place are loosened improperly.
- Thaw the wiper blades before loosening them.
- Periodically clean the wiper blades with window cleaner, especially after the vehicle has been washed in a car wash.
We recommend the Porsche window cleaner. If they are very dirty (e.g. with insect remains), they can be cleaned with a sponge or cloth.
If the wiper blades rub or squeak, this can be as a result of the following:
– If the vehicle is washed in an automatic car wash, wax residues may adhere to the windshield. These wax residues can
be removed only by using window cleaner concentrate.
– The wiper blades may be damaged or worn.
– Replace damaged or worn wiper blades as soon as possible.
– Please see the chapter "WASHER FLUID" on page 200.
- Please contact your authorized Porsche dealer for further information.
Changing wiper blades
- Please read the separate instructions for fitting wiper blades as supplied by the manufacturer.
- We recommend that you get your authorized Porsche dealer to replace the wiper blades.
Risk of damage.
If the wiper blades are not changed properly, they can come loose when the car is moving.
- Check that the wiper blades are seated securely. The wiper blades must engage properly in the wiper arm.