Brake Fluid Level
- Please see the chapter "EXERCISE EXTREME CAUTION WHEN WORKING ON YOUR VEHICLE" on page 186.
- Use only new (unused) Original Porsche brake fluid.
Brake fluid is hazardous to your health, and may be fatal if swallowed.
Brake fluid also attacks paintwork.
- Keep brake fluid out of children's reach.
- Take care while topping off brake fluid not to soil the luggage compartment or items of luggage.
Checking the brake fluid level
The reservoir for the hydraulic braking and clutch systems is located in the luggage compartment.
- Open and remove cover flap A.
- Regularly check the brake-fluid level on the transparent expansion tank through the window B.
The fluid level should always lie between the minimum and maximum marks.
A slight decrease in the fluid level due to wear and automatic readjustment of the disc brakes is normal.
If, however, the fluid level falls markedly or below the minimum mark, the braking system may have developed a leak.
- Have the brake system checked without delay at an authorized Porsche dealer.