"Sport Plus" mode activated:
In "Sport Plus" mode, the PDK transmission changes to a shift program designed for driving on race circuits. 7th gear is not selected.
The gear-changing performance is enhanced significantly again compared with "Sport" mode.
Driving with Launch Control
Driving with Launch Control allows you to achieve maximum acceleration from a standing start. It is intended to provide you with a unique enjoyment of your vehicle under controlled circumstances and is not intended to be used in any location where it could be a nuisance to other persons.
There is a risk of endangering other road users if you use this Control in an improper location or in a situation where other persons might need to take evasive action due to the rapid acceleration that this technology permits.
Stress on components increases dramatically when starting with maximum acceleration in comparison with normal driving off. Use of Launch Control will inevitably reduce the life of the engaged engine and transmission components.
– Launch Control should only be used when the engine has reached operating temperature.
– "Sport Plus" mode must be switched on (lightemitting diode in button is on and "SPORT PLUS" is displayed on the
Shifting gears on the steering wheel
With the shift buttons on the steering wheel, you can change temporarily from automatic selection mode D to manual mode M.
– Shifting down before bends and on entering built-up areas.
– Shifting down on downward slopes (engine braking).
– Shifting down for brief spurts of acceleration.
Manual selection mode remains engaged:
– for cornering (depending on the lateral acceleration) and overrunning,
– when the vehicle is stationary (e.g. at a junction).
The system leaves manual selection mode:
– automatically after approx. 8 seconds (unless cornering or overrunning),
– after driving off.