Manual: 2011/2012 Cayman
Display and measurement of the engine oil level
Risk of engine damage.
- Regularly check the oil level each time before refueling.
- Do not allow the oil level to fall below the minimum mark.
Conditions for measuring the oil level
- Vehicle stationary.
- It is important to ensure that the vehicle is horizontal for correct oil level measurement to occur.
- Engine must be at operating temperature (at least 140 °F/60 °C).
- Engine must be idling.
Initiating oil level measurement
- Push operating lever forward in order to switch on the selection field.
- Select "OIL" with the operating lever.
- Push operating lever forward. Measurement is started.
- Allow waiting time to elapse.
- Once the measurement has been completed, you can read off the engine oil level on the segment display.