Manual: 2011/2012 Cayman
1, 2, 3 - Programmable buttons
A - Light-emitting diode for status identification
The programmable HomeLink replaces up to three original hand-held transmitters used to operate various devices (e.g. garage door, gate to the property, alarm system).
You can program buttons 1 to 3 with a frequency of an original handheld transmitter.
Risk of accident when using the HomeLink if persons, animals or objects are within the range of movement of the equipment that is being operated.
- When using the HomeLink, ensure that no persons, animals or objects are within the range of movement of the equipment that is being operated.
- Observe the safety notes for the original hand-held transmitter.
Preconditions for operating and programming the HomeLink:
– Ignition is switched on.
– Daytime driving lights/fog lights are switched off.
To operate the respective device:
- Press the appropriate button (1, 2 or 3).
Light-emitting diode A lights up during signal transfer.
Note on operation
- Always use the HomeLink opener in the direction of travel.
Otherwise, range restrictions cannot be ruled out.
- Before selling the vehicle, delete the programmed signals of the HomeLink.
- Please read the instructions for the original hand-held transmitter to find out whether the original transmitter is equipped with fixed or changeable code.
- Always fit new batteries in your hand-held transmitter before programming the transmitter.