Roof Transport System
- Please follow the separate instructions for fitting the Roof Transport System.
- Only use Roof Transport Systems from the Porsche Tequipment product range or Roof Transport Systems which have been tested and approved for your car by Porsche. Fitting normal commercially available luggage racks is not possible.
The Porsche Roof Transport System allows you to carry various sports and hobby equipment.
Your Porsche partner will be pleased to tell you about the various different uses of the Roof Transport System.
- Risk of damage to the paint on the rear lid.
Only open the rear lid if this cannot touch the load.
- Completely remove the Roof Transport System before using an automatic car wash - risk of damage to the vehicle!
- Do not exceed the maximum permitted payload of 132 lbs. (60 kg), the maximum permitted gross weight and the maximum permitted axle loads.
- Please see the chapter "WEIGHTS" on page 272.
- Distribute load evenly, storing heavy items as low as possible. Items of luggage must not project beyond the side of the load area.
- Fix and secure every item to the basic carrier with a rope or lashing strap (do not use elastic rubber tensioners).
- Before every trip, and at regular intervals during long trips, check that Roof Transport System and load are secure. Re-tighten if necessary and secure additionally by locking.
- When the Roof Transport System is loaded, the maximum speed depends on the nature, size and weight of the load being carried. But never drive faster than 90 mph (140 km/h).
- With the basic carrier fitted and no load, do not exceed a maximum speed of 110 mph (180 km/h).
- Driving, braking and steering behavior change due to the higher center of gravity and the greater wind-resistant area. You should adapt your driving style appropriately.
- Since fuel consumption and noise are increased with the Roof Transport System fitted, it should not remain on the vehicle if not in use.