When you activate off-road navigation you are
shown a notice that off-road navigation serves
only to assist the driver.
Select "Activate "off-road" " to close this safety notice.
Within the framework of landmark navigation you can
– enter a destination by entering an address (> page 124),
– enter a destination by specifying the geographical coordinates (> page 138),
– enter a destination in the map display (> page 137),
– insert a destination from the list of previous destinations (> page 126),
– insert a destination from the personal destination memory (> page 128), and
– enter a maximum of four stopovers, in this case called "Landmarks" (> page 136).
Destinations in the digitized area can also be
selected from lists and navigated to when off-road
navigation is active.
These destinations are then reinterpreted as offroad
destinations and navigated to using landmark
In the off-road navigation only single
destinations are stored in the list of previous
Lists of landmarks are stored in the personal
Route guidance in landmark navigation
Route guidance is by means of a compass display
with the vehicle symbol in the center of the
The orange-colored direction arrow always points
in the direction of the landmark currently being
The various landmarks are shown as colored
The angular deviation between the current
direction of travel and the direction to the next
landmark is shown as an orange-colored segment
and displayed in degrees.