Changing a wheel
- Remove 1 or 2 wheel bolts (see corresponding figure).
Risk of damage to brake disks.
- Always screw in the assembly aids when changing a wheel.
Screw in one assembly aid on vehicles without PCCB
- Screw in assembly aids instead of wheel bolts.
Screw in two assembly aids on vehicles with PCCB
- Remove the remaining wheel bolts. For more information on wheel bolts:
Please see the chapter "WHEEL BOLTS" on page 275.
- Take the wheel off and put a new wheel on.
- Insert wheel bolts and tighten by hand.
- Remove assembly aids and screw in remaining wheel bolts.
Initially tighten bolts only slightly in diagonally opposite sequence so that the wheel is centered.
- Inflate the tire if necessary.
Please see the chapter "TIRE PRESSURE FOR COLD TIRES 68 °F (20 °C)" on page 310.
- Lower the vehicle fully and remove the jack.
- Tighten wheel bolts in diagonally opposite sequence.