Quick Search: Choose Model and Year, then enter search topic.
Risk of damage to body, axle or brake components.
The best possible handling characteristics are achieved when snow chains are fitted on all four wheels of the vehicle. However, it is also possible to fit snow chains only on the rear axle.
Different states and countries have varying statutory requirements regarding maximum speed.
Inscription on radial tire
A – Tire size
Example: P 265/40ZR18 (101Y)
– P - The tire is designed for Passenger vehicle.
This information is not included on all tires.
– 265 - Indication of tire width in mm
– 40 - Indication of tire height to tire width ratio in percent
– ZR - Belt type code letter for radial
– 18 - Indication of rim diameter in inches
– 101 - Load capacity coefficient
– Y - Speed code letter
– XL (Extra Load) - Tire with increased load rating
B – TIN (Tire Identification Number)
Example: DOT xx xx xxxx xxxx
The DOT symbol indicates that the tires comply with the requirements of the
US Department of Transportation and provides information about:
– first two-digit code means manufacture's identification mark.
– second two-digit code means tire size.
– third four-digit code means tire type code.
– fourth four-digit code means date of manufacture.
If, for example, the last four numbers read 0204, the tire was produced in the 2nd week of 2004.