Defrosting the windshield
The outside-air supply is interrupted and only the inside air is circulated.
Recirculating-Air Setting Impairing Vision
In recirculating-air setting, the windows may fog up.
Switching recirculating-air mode on or off
AC OFF– switching the air-conditioning compressor on and off
The air conditioning compressor switches off automatically at temperatures below approx. 37 °F/3 °C and cannot be switched on, even manually.
Whenever outside temperatures exceed approx. 37 °F/3 °C, the air-conditioning compressor can be switched on or off manually.
The compressor can be switched off manual to save fuel.
To dry incoming air in damp weather, do not switch off the air-conditioning compressor.
This prevents fogging of windows.
AC max operation
In AC max operation, the interior of your vehicle is cooled as quickly as possible.
The individual air distributions can be combined as desired.
If an air distribution is not selected, no symbol appears in the display panel. Air flows then from all vents as well as to the windshield.
Recommended setting in Summer
– Air distribution to central and side vents
Recommended setting in Winter
– Air distribution to footwell and windshield
Air distribution to footwell
Air distribution to center and side vents
Air distribution to windshield
Information on air-conditioning compressor
– May switch off briefly to ensure sufficient engine cooling if the engine is operating under extreme load.
– The air-conditioning compressor switches off automatically at temperatures below approx. 37 °F/3 °C and cannot be
switched on, even manually.
– Operates most effectively with the windows closed.
If the vehicle has been in the sun for a long time, it is a good idea to ventilate the interior briefly with the windows open.
– Depending on the outside temperature and humidity, condensation can drip from the evaporator and form a pool under
This is normal and not a sign of leakage.
– If uncooled air flows out when the lowest temperature has been set, switch off the air conditioning compressor and have
the fault remedied.
Please contact your authorized Porsche dealer for further information.