Manual: 2011/2012 Boxster
1, 2, 3 - Programmable buttons
A - Light-emitting diode for status identification
The programmable HomeLink® replaces up to three original hand-held transmitters used to operate various devices (e.g. garage door, gate to the property, alarm system).
You can program buttons 1 to 3 with a frequency of an original handheld transmitter.
Operation of On-Board Systems
When opening and closing the equipment being operated, parts of the body could become trapped or crushed.
- When using the HomeLink, ensure that no persons, animals or objects are within the range of movement of the equipment that is being operated.
- Observe the safety notes for the original handheld transmitter.
Preconditions for operating and programming the HomeLink®:
– Ignition is switched on.
– Daytime driving lights/fog lights are switched off.
To operate the respective device:
- Press the appropriate button (1, 2 or 3).
Light-emitting diode A lights up during signal transfer.
- Always use the HomeLink® opener in the direction of travel.
Otherwise, range restrictions cannot be ruled out.
- Before selling the vehicle, delete the programmed signals of the HomeLink®.
- Please read the instructions for the original hand-held transmitter to find out whether the original transmitter is equipped with fixed or changeable code.
- Always fit new batteries in your hand-held transmitter before programming your original transmitter.
Allocating signals to the buttons
- Please follow the operating instructions for the original hand-held transmitter.
Prior to programming the HomeLink® for the first time
The following process deletes the standard codes set at the factory. Do not repeat the process if you program further buttons.
- Keep the two outer buttons 1 and 3 depressed for approx. 20 seconds until lightemitting diode A begins to flash quickly.
All programmed signals of buttons 1 to 3 are deleted.