Manual: 2011/2012 Boxster
- Turn key back to position 3.
- Do not stop engine immediately after hard or extended driving.
Keep engine running at increased idle for about two minutes to prevent excessive heat build-up before turning off engine.
- To avoid discharging the battery, always remove the ignition key from the ignition lock.
- When leaving the car, always remove the ignition key, apply the parking brake and engage 1st gear or reverse gear on vehicles with manual transmission or move the selector lever to position P on vehicles with PDK transmission.
- Engage the steering lock by moving the steering wheel to the left or right.
Turn the steering wheel to the locking position before you switch off the engine so that you don't have to exert yourself when locking or unlocking the steering.
Hot Engine Parts
Engine components become very hot when the engine is running.
- Before working on any part in the engine compartment, turn the engine off and let it cool down sufficiently.
Engine-compartment blower, radiator fan
The radiator and radiator fans are in the front of the car.
The engine-compartment blower is mounted in the engine compartment.
Operating Engine- Compartment Blower
After the engine is switched off, the enginecompartment temperature is monitored for approx. 30 minutes.
During this period, and depending on temperature, the engine-compartment blower may continue to run or start to run.
- Carry out work in these areas only with the engine off, the ignition off, and exercise extreme caution.
The radiator fans in the front end of the car may be operating or unexpectedly start operating when the engine is switched on.
- Exercise extreme care that parts of the body, articles of clothing or jewelry do not get caught in the radiator fan.
- Carry out work in these areas only with the engine switched off.