Switch position 2
- Turn ignition key to ignition lock position 2.
- Please see the chapter "STARTING PROCEDURES" on page 59.
Switch position 3
- Turn ignition key to ignition lock position 3.
The vehicle battery discharges if the ignition key is left inserted.
If the vehicle battery is dead, the key can only be pulled out of the ignition lock if the emergency operation is performed:
- Please see the chapter "EMERGENCY OPERATION – PULLING OUT THE IGNITION KEY" on page 58.
Locking the steering column
The steering column is automatically locked when the ignition key is withdrawn from the ignition lock.
Steering Wheel Lock
The steering wheel will lock and will cause loss of steering.
- Never remove key from the ignition lock or turn the key off while the vehicle is moving.
- Always withdraw the ignition key when leaving the vehicle.
The steering column is unlocked when the vehicle is unlocked with the radio remote control.
To avoid discharging the battery, always remove the ignition key from the ignition lock.
Please see the chapter "BATTERY" on page 216.
If you leave the key in the ignition/steering lock, a gong will sound when the driver's door is opened. This is a reminder to remove the key.