Putting vehicle into operation
After the battery is connected or after an exhaustively discharged battery is charged, the multifunctional PSM light lights up on the instrument panel and a message appears on the on-board computer to indicate a fault.
This fault can be remedied with a few simple steps:
- Start the engine.
- With the vehicle stationary, perform a few steering movements to the left and right and then drive a short distance in a straight line until the multifunctinal PSM light goes out and the message on the on-board computer disappears.
- If the warnings do not disappear, then:
Drive carefully to the nearest authorized Porsche dealer.
Have the fault remedied.
- After the warnings disappear:
Stop the vehicle in a suitable place.
- Perform adaptation of the power windows:
Please see the chapter "STORING END POSITION OF THE WINDOWS" on page 22.
Removing the battery
The required tool is in the tool kit.
The battery is located in the front luggage compartment under a black plastic lid.
Risk of damage to alternator and electronic control units.
- Do not disconnect the battery while the engine is running.
This also applies to cars equipped with a battery main switch.
- Never drive the car with a disconnected battery.
Caustic Burns from Escaping Acid
- Keep vent caps on to avoid spillage.
- Do not tilt the battery when removing and installing it.
- Switch off engine and all electrical loads.
- Open turn-locks A.
Remove plastic lid.
- Pull off central vent hose C.
Short Circuit and Battery Explosion Hazard
- Important: disconnect the negative (–) ground wire first, and then the positive (+) cable.