Lifting the vehicle with a lifting platform, trolley jack or standard jack
The car must be raised only at the illustrated jacking points.
Risk of damage to the engine or vehicle if you lift the vehicle improperly.
- The car must be jacked up only at the illustrated jacking points. Lifting at any other place may result in damage to the vehicle.
- Never jack up the car by the body, bumpers, engine, transmission or at the axles.
- Do not damage any sensitive components in the vicinity of the jacking points.
Before the car is driven on to a lifting platform, it must be ensured that there is enough space between the lifting platform and the vehicle.
A garage lift must be used only at the illustrated jacking points.
- Use the spacers only together with wheels and fastening parts approved by Porsche.
Before having spacers fitted, find out about the current approval status.
Mounting an emergency spare wheel
If 5 mm spacers are mounted, these must not be removed to mount an emergency spare wheel.
Fitting snow chains
The use of snow chains is not permitted when 5 mm spacers are mounted.
Risk of damage to the wheel housings if the 5 mm spacers are not removed before fitting snow chains.
- To permit the fitting of snow chains, have the 5 mm spacers removed on all 4 wheels.
- To fit/remove the spacers: Please consult an authorized Porsche dealer.
- Please see the chapter "CHANGING A WHEEL" on page 206.