The tire sealant can be used to seal small cuts, especially in the tire tread.
Sealing the tire with the tire sealant is only an emergency repair, so you can drive to the next workshop. Even with the tire air-tight, it may be used only for short journeys in an emergency.
The tire sealant and a compressor with pressure tester can be found in the luggage compartment.
The tire sealant comprises:
– A filler bottle
– A sticker denoting the maximum permissible speed for the driver's field of vision
– A filler hose
– A valve turner and
– A spare valve insert.
Limits on Tire Sealant Use
Always observe the following points:
- Use the tire sealant only in the case of cuts or punctures no larger than 0.15 in. (4 mm).
- Never use the tire sealant if the rim is damaged.
A - Filler bottle
B - Filler hose
Tire Sealant Flammability
The sealant is highly flammable and harmful to health.
- Fire, naked flame and smoking are prohibited when handling tire sealant.
- Avoid contact with skin, eyes or clothing due to caustic chemical properties of the tire sealant.
- Keep tire sealant away from children.
- Do not inhale vapors, due to consequent harm to personal health resulting in serious personal injury or death.
In case of contact with the sealant:
- If sealant gets on the skin or in the eyes, thoroughly rinse the affected part of the body off immediately.
- Change soiled clothing immediately.
- Get medical attention immediately in the event of an allergic reaction.
- If sealant was swallowed, thoroughly rinse out the mouth without delay and drink plenty of water.
Do not induce vomiting.
Get medical attention immediately.