Carpets and floor-mats
- Use only a vacuum cleaner or a medium stiff brush.
- Remove stains and spots with Porsche stain remover.
To protect carpets, the Porsche range of accessories includes mats of the correct size and with the appropriate fastening.
Improperly secured floor mats can obstruct pedal travel.
- Always check the movement of the pedals before driving and make sure that they are not obstructed by a floor-mat or any other object.
- Secure the floor-mat to prevent it from sliding into positions that could interfere with the safe operation of your vehicle - do not install them loosely in the vehicle.
Your Porsche dealer will be glad to offer you nonskid floor-mats of the correct size.
Cleaning fabric linings
- Fabric linings on pillars, convertible top liner and sun blinds, etc. must be cleaned only using suitable cleaning agents or a suitable dry foam and a soft brush.
- Do not use a leather care product to clean Alcantara.
For regular care it is sufficient to clean the cover with a soft brush.
Heavy abrasion or rubbing when cleaning causes a lasting change in the surface.
Cleaning when lightly soiled
- Wet a soft cloth with water or a neutral soap solution and wipe off the dirt.
Cleaning when heavily soiled
- Wet a soft cloth with lukewarm water or thinned white spirit and dab the dirt from the outside in.
Cleaning the safety belts
- Use mild detergent to clean soiled belts.
- When drying, avoid direct sunlight.
- Only use suitable cleaning agents.
- Do not tint or bleach the belts.
The belt fabric could be weakened, thus affecting safety.
Storing your Porsche
If you intend to store your Porsche for a prolonged period, please consult your authorized Porsche dealer. The staff will be glad to advise you on the most suitable and necessary methods.
- Clean your vehicle thoroughly inside and outside.
Clean the engine compartment.
The under carriage and chassis components should be free of dirt and salt deposits.
- Fill up the fuel tank.
- Change the oil and oil filter, and run the engine for several minutes.
- Increase the tire pressure to 50 psi/3.5 bar/ 350 kPA.
It is not recommended to lift the vehicle, due to the possibility of corrosion on shock absorber piston shafts.
The vehicle should be moved slightly, approximately every four weeks, to prevent flat spot on the tires.
The air conditioning system should be in good working condition and fully charged.
- Check and correct antifreeze/cleaning solution level as necessary.
- Remove the battery from the vehicle and store it in a cool dry place, not on a cement floor.
When the battery is disconnected, the alarm system is deactivated.
- Recharge the battery every 3 months. If the battery remains in the vehicle with the cables connected, it is necessary to check, remove and recharge the battery every 2-3 weeks.
Do not fast charge the battery.
- Please see the chapter "BATTERY" on page 216.
The interior must be dry, especially in the area of the floor carpets. The use of drying agents (Silica- Gel) is recommended in vehicles with leather interior and in areas with high humidity. The recommended amount is 3 fabric bags of 1.1 lbs. (500 grams) each placed on the floor carpets.
Windows, doors and lids must be closed. The air vents should be opened.