Manual: 2011/2012 Boxster
Metal particles (such as brass or copper in brake dust) must not remain too long on alloy wheels. Contact corrosion can cause pitting.
Cleaners with an oxide-removing effect or the wrong pH value, as are commonly used for other metals, as well as mechanical tools and products, will damage the oxide layer and are therefore unsuitable.
- Use only cleaners for alloy wheels (pH value 9.5). Products with the wrong pH value can destroy the protective layer on the wheels. We recommend Porsche cleaner for alloy rims.
- If possible, wash the wheels every two weeks with a sponge or washing brush. If the wheels are exposed to road salt, grit or industrial dust, weekly cleaning is necessary.
Door, roof, lid and window seals
The lubricant coating on the inner door seals, convertible top and hardtop seals may be damaged by unsuitable cleaning and care agents.
- Do not use any chemical cleaning agents or solvents.
- Do not use any preservative agents.
- Wash dirt (e.g. abrasion, dust, road salt and grit) from all seals regularly using warm soapy water.
- If there is a risk of frost, protect the outer door seals and lid seals against freezing into place with a suitable care product.
Headlights, lights, interior and exterior plastic parts, adhesive films
- Use only clean water and a little dishwashing detergent to clean light lenses, plastic headlight lenses, plastic parts, adhesive films and surfaces.
Do not clean when dry.
Use a soft sponge or a soft, lint-free cloth. Gently wipe the surface without applying too much pressure.
An interior window cleaner can also be used to clean plastic surfaces (always read the cleaning instructions on the container). We recommend Porsche interior window cleaner.
- Gently wipe the surface without applying too much pressure.
- Do not clean when dry.
- Never use other chemical cleaners or solvents.
- Rinse cleaned surfaces with clear water.
Characteristics and special features
The natural surface markings of leather, e.g. creases, healed scars, insect sting marks, structural differences and slight variations in shade and grain add to the attractiveness of the natural leather product.
Observe the following care instructions:
The leather will be damaged by the use of unsuitable cleaning and care agents and by incorrect treatment.
- Do not use caustic cleaners or hard cleaning aids.
- Perforated leather must under no circumstances get wet on its reverse side.
- Clean all types of leather regularly to remove fine dust using a soft, damp, white woollen cloth or a commercially available microfibre cloth.
- Remove heavy contamination with a leather cleaner.
Always read the instructions for use given on the containers.
We recommend Porsche leather cleaner.
- Treat cleaned leather only with a leather care product.
We recommend the Porsche leather care product.
Cleaning airbags covers
Vehicle Interior Modifications
Incorrect modifications may damage the airbag system. The airbag may not deploy properly in the event of an accident.
- Do not make any modifications whatsoever on individual components such as the padded covers of the steering wheel, passenger side instrument panel, the front seats and the door linings.
- Have your authorized Porsche dealer to clean these components.