Manual: 2011/2012 Boxster
- Grasp convertible-top compartment cover in the center and set up completely (arrow).
- Lever joint rod E (white fastening) off the ball head with blade of lever B.
A corresponding amount of force is required to lever off the ball head, creating danger of crushing and pinching.
- When levering off joint rod E on the other side of the vehicle, the convertible top must be held so that it does not fall down in an uncontrolled manner to protect against injury from a fallen cover.
- Lift convertible top with both hands (arrow) and close.
- Lock convertible top.
- Carefully lower convertible-top compartment cover.
Danger of damage at the convertible top.
- After emergency operation, do not operate the convertible top with the rocker switch.
- Drive slowly to an authorized Porsche dealer in order to have the fault remedied.
Hardtop (Boxster, Boxster S)
Since the convertible top stays open for a long time, it must be absolutely dry and clean before being opened.
This prevents damp stains and abrasion damage. Your autorized Porsche dealer will be pleased to advise you about correct hardtop storage.
The inserts for locking of the pivot locks are not installed on vehicles delivered without a hardtop. It is essential to have the necessary parts retrofitted by an authorized Porsche dealer before a hardtop is fitted for the first time.