Quick Search: Choose Model and Year, then enter search topic.
– In the case of a PCM with Bluetooth Mobile phone preparation, connection takes place using the hands-free profile.
When connecting using the hands-free profile, the PCM simply serves as a Bluetooth handsfree unit for the external
telephone. The SIM card of the external telephone cannot be accessed (for example to write a text message) and the
range of functions is restricted accordingly (depending on the cell phone used).
The option of connection using the SIM
Access Profile is not available on all cell
phones and must also be activated on the cell
In some countries there may be limitations to the use of devices with Bluetooth. You can obtain information in this regard from your local authorities.
Prerequisites for the cell phone
Not all cell phones are equally suitable for making
and receiving calls via the Bluetooth interface of
– You need a cell phone that supports Bluetooth.
– The cell phone must support the hands-free profile 1.0 or higher.
– The cell phone must be switched on and Bluetooth must be activated.
– On some cell phones, the device must also be rendered "visible" to other devices with Bluetooth.
Further information on the settings on your cell phone can be found in the manufacturer's operating instructions.
Some cell phones have special characteristics when it comes to Bluetooth or do not fully support Bluetooth. Contact your cell phone retailer and if applicable download the latest software onto your cell phone.
The hands-free quality can be impaired by
– having the fan on, windows open or the top down,
– wind and road noise,
– cell phone having a poor network connection,
– vehicle traveling at a high speed.
Interruptions to the connection while driving
Interruptions to the connection may occur if
– there is inadequate GSM network coverage in certain regions,
– you are switching from one GSM transmitting/ receiving station (GSM cell) to another and there is no voice channel
available in this cell,
– you are using a SIM card that is not compatible with the available network.