A - Automatic speed control readiness off/on
1 - +SPEED/SET (accelerate/store)
2 - –SPEED (decelerate)
3 - OFF (interrupt)
4 - RESUME
Automatic Speed Control
The automatic speed control maintains any selected speed between 15 mph and 145 mph (30 km/h and 240 km/h) without you having to use the accelerator pedal.
The automatic speed control is operated with the lever on the steering wheel.
Vehicles with PDK
Downshifts are also carried out to help maintain the pre-selected speed (especially when driving downhill).
Misuse of Automatic Speed Control
If the current traffic situation does not allow you to drive safely at a constant speed and with sufficient distance to the vehicle in front, using the automatic speed control can cause accidents.
- Do not use the cruise control in heavy traffic, in city traffic, on twisting roads or under unfavorable road conditions (e.g. wintry or wet conditions, varying road surfaces).
- Observe all local and national speed limits.
- Do not reach through the steering-wheel spokes while driving.
Switch automatic speed control readiness on
- Press button A on the automatic speed control lever.
This green indicator light in the speedometer now indicates readiness
Automatic speed control readiness is retained when you switch on the ignition again after stopping the vehicle and switching off the ignition.
Hold and store speed
- Bring the car to the desired speed with the accelerator.
- Then briefly push the operating lever forward (position 1).
Accelerating (e.g. to overtake)
- Increase the speed as usual with the accelerator.
When you ease off the accelerator, the previously saved value is set again.
- Push operating lever forward (position 1) until the desired speed is reached.
The speed reached is maintained and stored when the lever is released.
- Push lever slightly forwards (position 1) (a maximum of 10 times).
The speed is increased by 1 mph (1.6 km/h), each time the lever is pushed forwards.
Speed control operation is automatically interrupted if the speed is increased by more than approx. 16 mph (25 km/h ) for longer than 20 seconds.