Sports Exhaust System
Switching on and off
- The sports exhaust system can be switched on and off when the ignition is switched on using button A.
When the sports exhaust system is switched on, the light-emitting diode in the button lights up.
Parking brake force is mechanically transferred to the rear wheels by means of cables.
- Use the parking brake only after the vehicle has come to a full stop.
Setting the parking brake
- Pull the lever all the way up (arrow).
With the ignition on, the parking brake warning lights in the instrument panel and on-board computer will come on if the lever is even slightly raised. A firm pull upward is required to properly engage the parking brake.
If the brake is not fully set, the vehicle may roll without control.
- Move the selector lever to "P" (PDK) or move the gearshift lever to reverse or first gear (Manual transmission).
- Before exiting the vehicle, make sure that the parking brake is fully set and the vehicle is not moving at all.
A partially engaged parking brake may allow the vehicle to roll, causing serious personal injury or death to any person in its path.
- Engage the parking brake fully.
Releasing the parking brake
- Pull the lever slightly up as you depress the release button, and then push the lever all the way down.