Lifting the Vehicle with a Jack, Lifting Platform or Garage Lift
The car must be raised only at the illustrated jacking points.
Risk of damage to the engine or vehicle if you lift the vehicle improperly.
- The car must be jacked up only at the illustrated jacking points. Lifting at any other place may result in damage to the vehicle.
- Never jack up the car by the body, bumpers, engine, transmission or at the axles.
- Do not damage any sensitive components in the vicinity of the jacking points.
Before the car is driven on to a lifting platform, it must be ensured that there is enough space between the lifting platform and the vehicle.
A garage lift must be used only at the illustrated jacking points.
911 Carrera, 911 Carrera S
- Use the spacers only together with wheels and fastening parts approved by Porsche.
Before having spacers fitted, find out about the current approval status.
Mounting an emergency spare wheel
If 5 mm spacers are mounted, these must not be removed to mount an emergency spare wheel.
Fitting snow chains
The use of snow chains is not permitted when 5 mm spacers are mounted.
Risk of damage to the wheel housings if the 5 mm spacers are not removed before fitting snow chains.
- To permit the fitting of snow chains, have the 5 mm spacers removed on all 4 wheels.
- To fit/remove the spacers: Please consult an authorized Porsche dealer.
- Please see the chapter "CHANGING A WHEEL" on page 215.