- Always clean the wheel bolts before fitting.
- Apply a thin coat of Optimoly TA (aluminum paste) on the thread and between the bolt head and movable spherical cap ring (arrows).
The bearing surface of the spherical cap facing the wheel must not be greased.
- Replace damaged wheel bolts.
Only use the Original Porsche wheel bolts specially designed for this vehicle type.
Tightening torque of wheel bolts:
96 ftlb./130 Nm
Wheel Securing Bolts
If the wheels have to be removed at the workshop, please do not forget to hand over the wrench socket for the wheel securing bolts along with the car key.
The wrench socket for the wheel securing bolts is in the tool box.
- To loosen or tighten the wheel bolt with antitheft protection, a wrench socket with the appropriate coding must be used between the wheel bolt and the wheel-bolt spanner.
- When positioning the wrench socket, ensure that it engages fully in the teeth of the wheel bolt.
Changing a wheel
Other vehicles could collide with your vehicle if you are parked in a dangerous position.
- If you have a flat tire, move a safe distance off the road. Turn the emergency flasher on and use other warning devices to alert other motorists.
- Do not remain in the car. Someone approaching from the rear may not realize your vehicle is stopped and cause a collision.
Stopping Over Nearby Flammable Matter
Exhaust fumes and the exhaust system are very hot when the engine is running. The exhaust system remains hot for some time after the vehicle is turned off.
- Do not park your vehicle in areas where the hot exhaust system may come in contact with dry grass, brush, fuel spill or other flammable material.
If the vehicle is not secured, or incorrectly secured, during a wheel change, it could move unexpectedly or fall from the car jack.
- Passengers must not be in the vehicle when it is jacked up.
- Before you change a wheel, be sure the ground is level and firm. If necessary, use a board under the jack to ensure that the jack does not sink into the ground.
- Set the parking brake and block the wheels opposite the flat tire on the other side of the vehicle.
- The jack is only to be used for changing a wheel. Do not use it as a support to work under the car.
- The car must be jacked up only at the illustrated jacking points. Lifting at any other place may result in personal injury.
Risk of damage to the engine or vehicle if you lift the vehicle improperly.
- The car must be jacked up only at the illustrated jacking points. Lifting at any other place may result in damage to the vehicle.
- Never jack up the car by the body, bumpers, engine, transmission or at the axles.
- Do not damage any sensitive components in the vicinity of the jacking points.
- For safety reasons do not use tire inflating bottles.
- Do not use commercially available sealant bottles. Use only the tire inflating bottle located in the luggage compartment.