Indicator for selector lever position and engaged gear
When the engine is running, the selector lever position and engaged gear are indicated.
If the selector lever is between two positions
The corresponding selector lever position flashes on the instrument
cluster and the warning "Apply brake" or "Selector lever not engaged"
appears on the on-board computer.
Operate the footbrake and engage the selector lever properly.
If the selector lever is inadvertently (due to a defect or incorrect operation) moved out of P or N into gear without pressing the brake, this gear will start to "flash" and no power transmission is built up.
- To drive off, press the brake and move the selector lever from P or N into the required gear again.
Selector lever position R or D is flashing in the instrument cluster
There is no power transmission.
The selector lever was engaged without pressing the footbrake or only the restricted driving programme is available when the "Transmission emergency run" message is displayed.
- Action required:
Press the footbrake and engage the required selector lever position again by moving the selector lever from P or N.
If reverse gear fails:
- Please see the chapter "REDUCED DRIVING PROGRAM" on page 152.
If there is a fault in the transmission:
– The warning "Transmission emergency run" in white or red lettering or the warning "Transmission temperature too high" is
displayed on the on-board computer.
Please see the chapter "REDUCED DRIVING PROGRAM" on page 152.
- Have the fault repaired immediately at an authorized Porsche dealer.
Selector lever positions
P – Parking lock
- Engage parking lock only when vehicle is stationary.
If selector lever position P is flashing in the instrument cluster, the parking lock is not engaged. The vehicle can roll away.
Engage selector lever position P again by moving the selector lever out of R.
- Engage parking lock after applying the handbrake and release it before releasing the handbrake.
The ignition key can be withdrawn only in selector lever position P.
R – Reverse gear
- Select only if car is stationary and the brake is applied.
N – Neutral
Selector lever position N must be selected for towing or in car washes, for example.
- Only select the desired position for driving off (D, M or R) when the engine is idling and the brake pedal is depressed.