Manual Transmission, Clutch
The positions of the gears are shown on the shift diagram on the gearshift lever.
Obstructed Clutch Pedal
Unsuitable or incorrectly installed floor mats or objects can obstruct the movement of the pedal or prevent application of the pedal.
- Do not obstruct the pedal travel with floor mats or other objects.
Floor mats of the correct size and with the appropriate fastening are available from your authorized Porsche dealer.
Risk of damage to the clutch and transmission.
- Always depress the clutch pedal fully when changing gears.
- Do not hold the car on a steep grade with the clutch pedal partially depressed.
- Only shift into reverse when the car has come to a complete stop.
- When shifting gears, always ensure that the clutch pedal is fully depressed and the gear has fully engaged.
- Reverse can be engaged after pushing the gearshift lever as far as possible to the left.
- Select an appropriately low gear on upward and downward slopes.
This will ensure optimum use of engine power and engine braking.
When reverse gear is selected and the ignition is on, the backup lights are illuminated.
Permitted engine speed
- You should change into a higher gear before the needle reaches the red mark on the tachometer, or ease off the accelerator.
If the maximum permitted engine speed is reached during acceleration, fuel feed is interrupted.
Risk of engine damage (overrevving) when shifting down to a lower gear.
- Take care not to exceed the maximum permitted engine speed when shifting down.