There is a transponder (an electronic component) in the key grip, containing a stored code.
When the ignition is switched on, the ignition lock checks the code.
The immobilizer can be deactivated and the engine started only using an authorized ignition key.
Switching off the immobilizer
- Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock.
If the ignition is left on for more than 2 minutes without the engine being started, the immobilizer is switched on again.
- If this happens, turn the ignition key back to position 3 (ignition off) before starting the engine. The immobilizer is switched off again, and the engine can be started.
- Please see the chapter "IGNITION/STARTER SWITCH WITH ANTI-THEFT STEERING LOCK" on page 62.
Switching on the immobilizer
Security Wheel Bolts
- If wheels have to be removed during a workshop visit, do not forget to hand over the socket for the security wheel bolts along with the car key.
1 - Central locking button
2 - Front luggage compartment lid button
3 - Button for glass rear hatch (Targa)
4 - Light-emitting diode
Key with Radio Remote Control
Unlocking the vehicle
Locking the vehicle
Switching off the alarm system if it is triggered accidentally
Unlocking luggage compartment lid or glass rear hatch (Targa)
- Luggage compartment lid: Press button 2 for approx. two seconds.
- Glass rear hatch (Targa): Press button 3 for approx. two seconds.
If the vehicle was locked, it is unlocked simultaneously with the luggage compartment/ glass rear hatch (Targa).
In vehicles with seat memory the stored seat and door mirror positions are automatically set.
The vehicle will be locked again approx. 80 seconds after the luggage compartment/ glass rear hatch (Targa) is closed if none of the doors was opened.
- Your authorized Porsche dealer can program further types of unlocking for the luggage compartment/glass rear hatch (Targa).
The relocking time of the doors can be adjusted to suit your individual requirements:
10 - 100 seconds.
The doors stay locked when the luggage compartment/glass rear hatch (Targa) is unlocked.