Emergency unlocking of the luggage compartment lid
If the battery is discharged, the luggage compartment lid can be opened only with the aid of a donor battery.
The engine cannot be started with this method.
- Please see the chapter "EMERGENCY STARTING WITH JUMPER CABLES" on page 229.
- Use the key to unlock the vehicle at the door lock.
- Remove the plastic cover from the fuse box.
- Pull out positive terminal C (red) in the fuse box using the plastic gripper A (yellow).
A - Plastic gripper (yellow)
C - Positive terminal (red)
- Use a jumper cable to connect the positive terminal of the donor battery to the positive terminal C in the fuse box.
If the vehicle was locked, the alarm horn will sound when the negative cable is connected.
- Use the black jumper cable to connect the negative terminal of the donor battery to the door arrester D.
- Press button 2 on the remote control for approx. 2 seconds to unlock the luggage compartment lid.
The alarm system is switched off.
- Disconnect the negative cable first, then the positive cable.
- Push positive terminal C into the fuse box and push on the plastic fuse box cover.